Updated: Jul 5, 2020
H - Happiness Lies Within
Don't look for happiness in others. True happiness dwells in every mirror you look into! The deficiency of this vital nutrient for our souls has deprived us of achieving the very best that we are designed to achieve. Let's list out some of the common reasons or excuses that we use for not being happy:
- The traffic is a time-killing machine
- Local transport is such an inconvenience
- Some people lack common sense and that really irks me
- Nobody understands me
- My workplace is a mess and the people I work with are horrible
- I have a lot of financial commitments to adhere to
- Work from home is not for me
- The world is out there to get me
In all the above scenarios and others that are not listed here, I am tempted to quote Dalai Lama and the saying goes like this:
"If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it's not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever."
Make a deliberate attempt to smile more often and notice the change that it will bring to your overall well being.